Clever Dripper Brew Guide
- Weigh 23 grams of coffee
- Insert the filter into Clever and rinse with hot water (white Melitta #4 filters preferred), then place on cup to pour through and preheat mug. Be sure to remove Clever from cup before brewing.
- Grind the coffee fairly coarse (slightly finer than French press)
- Weigh 380 water just off the boil
- Start timer and pour all water in circular motion, completely saturating all the grounds
- Quick stir and cover Clever
- After 2:30 minutes, place Clever on top of mug to drain
The Clever Coffee Dripper combines the best features of French press and filter drip brewing, eliminating the drawbacks of each. With French press brewing, you can control steeping or infusion time, but heat loss and sediment in the cup can be a problem. Brewing with a paper filter is easy and convenient; the problem is lack of control over steeping time (i.e. the coffee begins to drain immediately). By adding a stopper to a filtercone, the Clever Coffee Dripper combines control over a steeping time with a sediment-free cup.